Wednesday, September 12, 2012

An Exciting Classroom Visitor!

My principal made a fantastic connection with Dreamworks Films to have a animation film director come to speak to my students yesterday about art! Peter Ramsey, director of Rise of the Guardians, spoke with my students about making a career out of art. He expressed how important it is to stick with drawing and creating, even if it feels difficult at the moment. "Always go back to the difficult thing and try again" he said yesterday to my students.

Mr. Ramsey showed my students the animation film trailer for Rise of the Guardians and spoke with them about story boards. He showed the students how characters develop and how each frame and shot in a movie is mapped and planned out.

My students responded so well to the speaker. They asked fantastic questions and were amazingly behaved. I was so proud to be their teacher. I hope they took away as much inspiration as I did yesterday.


Here is a photo of Peter Ramsey talking to my students about character development. He also gave each of my student's a book; Nicholas St. North and the Battle of the Nightmare King, which his animation film is based on. He signed each copy for the students as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment